There are also special orders available weekly. Special orders include vegetables and fruits in season as well as honey, eggs, molasses, butter and sometimes meat.
Whatever their weekly baskets contain, Irvington CSA members always enjoy the very best fresh, natural produce--straight from the farm.
Why join a CSA?
1. Know where your food comes from. Your produce comes directly from the farmer and is grown locally using sustainable non-chemical farming methods.
2. Support small local farming. Gives local economy a boost and supports the farming families.
3. Get more bang for your buck. You're not paying a middle man, just the farmer.
4. Fresh and seasonal selection. The produce is picked the day of delivery. No long tiring rides across country or continents. And taste is much better when delivered fresh.
5. Opportunity to expand eating horizons. Learn to eat new foods or old foods new ways. Give your taste buds a thrill.
6. Fun for the family. Enjoy family time picking up and preparing your produce. Encourage your family to try new produce and help plan meals.
7. Eat healthier. The CSA is predominantly vegetables and some fruits. It's easy to follow the my plate eating plan when you join a CSA. Some people say the CSA is a good way to lose weight. Eating good nutritious vegetables can reduce your calorie intake.
8. Support the community. CSAs are healthy for the local economy, the land, the community, and you.
Join today. The CSA starts in May. Members are welcome through the middle of July. Fees will be prorated.